Reflections offers a positive alternative for the person who needs specialized care related to dementia. Our program is designed to enrich each person’s life and contributions, in a supportive environment, where residents may age in place. Each individual person is celebrated through reminiscing and sharing life histories and stories familiar to them.
Amenities of the Reflections Neighborhood
- Our program includes staff that is knowledgeable and specifically trained to best assist residents and families. Within the Reflections Neighborhood, there is ongoing training, coaching and mentoring (based in part on the Alzheimer’s Association’s Guidelines) to ensure care staff have the knowledge and expertise to work effectively and successfully with residents. Residents are treated as individuals and are encouraged to continue with aspects of their lifestyle that were important to them.
- Personalized home health care is provided around-the-clock to address each resident’s specific needs.This attention to detail includes personalized assistance with activities of daily living, direction and redirection, potential behavior issues and orientation. Each resident’s life is enriched by using a validation approach whereby we accept residents as they are and join their journey.
- There is diverse programming designed to promote all areas of wellness including: physical, emotional, spiritual, social, intellectual and vocational programming. This balanced approach taps into residents’ positive past experiences and is designed to give them feelings of success.
- Three nutritious meals per day, snacks and refreshments are served in the Reflections Neighborhood. Meals are served family style which makes the dining experience more homelike. Special cues such as having dishes that contrast in color with the placemat or tablecloth make mealtime less frustrating and more enjoyable.
- The Reflections Memory Care Neighborhood is designed to reduce confusion, provide focus and affirm residents’ lifestyles. Secured access to the neighborhood accommodates the unique behaviors associated with memory loss, and offers safety to each resident and peace of mind for their loved ones.
- Family involvement is encouraged and supported. This fosters a better relationship with loved ones and improves communication, and allows for family involvement in activities and support groups. A Family Resource Library is provided to offer support and education on issues associated with memory loss.