Resident Care is our Top Priority
At Esplanade Senior Campus our goal in providing personal care services is to encourage each resident to be as independent and self-sufficient as possible in their apartment. Our trained Resident Assistants are available around the clock to provide personal care services and to respond and offer assistance when a resident is in need of help.
A nurse is physically present on campus 40 hours a week. Our registered nurse will:
- Assess each resident to ensure the right amount of care is provided. Our nurse will monitor a resident’s physical, functional and cognitive needs before moving in, again within 30 days of move-in and quarterly thereafter. Additional assessments occur after injury, serious illness, or hospitalization.
- Develop and update the resident care/service plan. Following initial assessment and as changes occur our nurse will meet with the resident and their family or representative to discuss the assessment, recommended services, and the cost of services.
- Assist with coordinating a resident’s health care.
- Serve as a resource and provide direction to the resident care staff (a nurse is available to staff, in person or by phone, 24 hours every day).
- Provide oversite of the medication program.
Our resident assistants provide personal care services including:
- Dressing and grooming assistance
- Bathing assistance
- Assistance with continence management
- Medication assistance
- Meal-time assist
- Cues and safety checks
- One (1) person transfer and ambulation assist
- Escorts to meals and activities in the building
NOTE: The above list is not all inclusive.
Additional Help for Residents with Memory Care Needs
Our resident assistants and staff who provide memory care services in The Reflections Program are trained to provide specialized care and service to those with Alzheimer’s disease, dementia or other memory impairments.